Our Full Monte Life
We blog about the trials & tribulations of developing & running Camp Full Monte, our off grid, sometimes clothing optional, always eco, campsite in Montenegro.
- The challenges we face living as expats in Montenegro
- The friends and volunteers helping us to evolve our eco project
- Eco-friendly methods & products – we’re far from being experts but want to share all we are learning… education is the first step to awareness and change
- Gardening organically – sharing the joys and woes of growing green
- Food – we love it! We’ll tell you about the meals we create from our organic produce and share recipes
- Nature in all her forms – the beautiful (and sometimes ugly!) manifestations of Mother Nature inspire us
- Random things that make us happy and sad – books we have read, situations & events we have experienced
We are Steve and Denise and we emigrated from the UK to Montenegro in May 2006. The decision to change our lifestyle was driven by the value we place on happiness. We traded property, working long hours for someone else and regular incomes, for cash in the bank and time and space together. This gave us the freedom to make different choices.
We are practical people – we have limited talents and funds – so we had to choose to do something that played to our strengths and gave us enough money to live on. Our combined talents (cooking, gardening, entertaining) led us to aim for opening a resort of our own. We have enjoyed naturist holidays for over a decade so we wanted to provide a space where folk could get their kit off in the sun if they felt like it. That said, we didn’t want to deter those not comfortable with nudity so in recent years we have been operating a split season. Mid-June to Early September are our clothing optional months. The remaining months from the start of May to the end of September are not.
It took a year and a lot of adventures before we found the right piece of land and a further 6 months before we could buy all we needed to get started. Our original plan to build a resort of wooden cabins was scuppered by the news that one day there may be a major highway on or near our plots. Low impact, low cost camping seemed the way to go.
We weren’t eco warriors when we set out on this journey but having bought a beautiful piece of land that would be difficult and expensive to connect to mains water & electric we learnt more about alternative approaches and are now converts to off-grid living and the environmentally friendly approaches we are championing here.
Contact us at: holidays (at) full-monte (dot) com